CCleaner - Speed Up and Clean Your PC
CCleaner is a small but effective free program download that you can use to speed system responsiveness and remove junk files residing in your Windows PC and Mac. I'm using this as a quick tool to speed up my computer and it really helps.
|CCleaner startup option|
HOW TO AND SET UP
- Download and install CCleaner.
- In Cleaner option, Windows tab, I only select the following:
1.1 Empty Recycle Bin1.2 Temporary Files
1.4 Memory Dumps
1.5 Chkdsk File Fragments.
1.6 Windows Log Files.
- In the Application tab, I select all under Internet, Multimedia and Utilities. I uncheck all option in my browsers.
- In the Options option, Settings tab, check "Run CCleaner when the computer starts". Under the Advanced tab, check "Show prompt to backup registry issues".
- In the Registry option, after I select everything in Registry Integrity, I click "Scan for Issues". Then, click "Fix selected issues...". Click "Yes" when it asks you if you want to backup changes to the registry. Save this *.reg file. Click "Fix All Selected Issues".
- In the Tools option, Startup tab, you can enable / disable the programs that are set to run when computer starts. I disabled iTunesHelper, QuickTime Task, Java update, Yahoo Messenger and other programs that you don't like to start immediately.
- In the Options option, Settings tab, check "Run CCleaner when the computer starts". In Cookies tab, I only kkep cookies for the websites I trust such as Google and Yahoo!. Under the Advanced tab, check "Show prompt to backup registry issues".