Pages

  • Home
  • About
  • Contact
  • Terms

CCleaner - Speed Up and Clean Your PC

CCleaner is a small but effective free program download that you can use to speed system responsiveness and remove junk files residing in your Windows PC and Mac. I'm using this as a quick tool to speed up my computer and it really helps.


CCleaner startup option

HOW TO AND SET  UP
  1. Download and install  CCleaner.

  2. In Cleaner option, Windows tab, I only select the following:

    1.1 Empty Recycle Bin1.2 Temporary Files
    1.3 Clipboard.
    1.4 Memory Dumps
    1.5 Chkdsk File Fragments.
    1.6 Windows Log Files.

  3. In the Application tab, I select all under Internet, Multimedia and Utilities. I uncheck all option in my browsers.

  4. In the Options option, Settings tab, check "Run CCleaner when the computer starts". Under the Advanced tab, check "Show prompt to backup registry issues".

  5. In the Registry option, after I select everything in Registry Integrity, I click "Scan for Issues". Then, click "Fix selected issues...". Click "Yes" when it asks you if you want to backup changes to the registry. Save this *.reg file. Click "Fix All Selected Issues".

  6. In the Tools option, Startup tab, you can enable / disable the programs that are set to run when computer starts. I disabled iTunesHelper, QuickTime Task, Java update, Yahoo Messenger and other programs that you don't like to start immediately.

  7. In the Options option, Settings tab, check "Run CCleaner when the computer starts". In Cookies tab, I only kkep cookies for the websites I trust such as Google and Yahoo!. Under the Advanced tab, check "Show prompt to backup registry issues".
 

Author

CarlBytes is a personal technology blog. Contact me at carlbytes [at] gmail {dot} com for any comments and suggestions.

Protected by Copyscape Online Infringement Detector. CarlBytes and some of its contents  are copyrighted since 2012 by CarlBytes. All rights reserved. You may only use them for personal, non-commercial home use. You can only (dofollow) link to my blog or my posts for public display stating http://carlbytes.blogspot.com as the source.

Recent Posts