Pages

  • Home
  • About
  • Contact
  • Terms

Wikimapia - Online Wiki Map Service

Wikimapia is a free online service where you can an interactive map with description, address, Wikipedia link and category. It features a map with user marked-objects with useful description. The map is based on Google Maps. 



I use Wikimapia if I want to search some location or I want to know which  route is nearer by using its ruler feature. This is very useful when you are not familiar on a place or you don't have a printed map or GPS.

Under the Map type menu, you can choose either satellite, map, etc. Under the Categories meun, you can choose places such as restaurant, hotel, hospital, etc.



 

Author

CarlBytes is a personal technology blog. Contact me at carlbytes [at] gmail {dot} com for any comments and suggestions.

Protected by Copyscape Online Infringement Detector. CarlBytes and some of its contents  are copyrighted since 2012 by CarlBytes. All rights reserved. You may only use them for personal, non-commercial home use. You can only (dofollow) link to my blog or my posts for public display stating http://carlbytes.blogspot.com as the source.

Recent Posts